The Seaside Town Nha Trang
Nha Trang, the picturesque beach of Vietnam located just 400 kilometers northeast of Ho Chi Minh City.
The city is the capital of Khanh Hoa province, situated on the south central coast of Vietnam. Tourism operators in Vietnam are offering various Nha Trang travel packages, suitable to your budget and travel priorities. It will be an enjoyable experience if you can plan your tour program with some of the best tour operators like Vivutravel, who have ample experience in organizing tailor-made travel packages and their Nha Trang travel guide is rich with all the amusements that you can cherish forever in your life.
The beach lay stretched along the curves of Tran Phu Streets with beautiful promenades, seafood restaurants, and refreshment stalls. It is the scuba diving center of Vietnam. What makes Nha Trang different from other beach destinations in Vietnam is its urban character, and you can find pulsating activities all throughout the years, especially during the season. In the Nha Trang travel packages, your can have destinations covering most of the fantastic and enjoyable locations.
Make use of Nha Trang travel guide plans
It is imperative to take advantage of the Nha Trang travel guide programs in its fullest, from the moment you land into the land of history. All foreigners have to get an entry permission to visit Vietnam. Entry visas are available online, and tourist can apply for their visa requirement by remitting the required fees online. After obtaining the landing permit, the tourist visa will be stamping at the international entry points. Your travel agent, Vivutravel can give you the required visa guidance and take care of your tours in Nha Trang.
How can you reach to Nha Trang?
Different modes of transport can take you to Nha Trang, once you have landed in Vietnam. The options are always depending on your priority and the kind of travel plans you want to have. You can opt for the luxurious or economic mode of transportations.
Cam Ranh Airport (CXR) is the airport located near to Nha Trang. It is a modern international airport 30km away from the city. It serves both international and domestic destinations. Taxis are available from the airport to Nha Trang, which will cost you about VND 380, 000. Four-star and five-star hotels offer airport pick up service, make use of that for your Nha Trang family tour.
Tourists can conveniently use the train facilities since Nha Trang has a railway station on the trunk route connecting the two largest cities of Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi
The railway station is close to the cathedral in the northern part of town. If you want a soft-sleeper, which is the highest class available on Vietnamese trains, you can book your train ticket directly at the train station in advance for economic tours in Nha Trang.
Best Time to Visit Nha Trang
Anytime during the year is favorable for a trip to the tourism city. The summer often starts from May with sunlight and hot weather, suitable for natural tourism such as ecotourism, ocean tourism or water sports. It would be better if you can plan your trip after summer or before summer for watching the cultural events and visiting historically significant places. Some of the notable locations you can intend to visit during this season are Bao Dai Villa, the Nha Trang Aquarium, Ponagar Temple Tower, etc.
The best time to visit Nha Trang would be from February until April when the temperature is in moderate at around 26-27 degree Celsius, and humidity stays at the lowest level of the year. Spring months are also the best time to dive here. Nha Trang has coral-rich dive sites, and if you are a diving enthusiast, you should not miss out Small Hill, South Reef, and Moray Beach After, all around Mun Island, which are spectacular areas for coral diving. So, never miss out to include the coral diving areas in your Nha Trang tour packages.
Try to avoid autumn season. During fall, Vietnam experiences torrential rain, and heavy storm, which is seasonal phenomena and will be a disturbing experience for the tourist. So you must be careful about selecting your tour package season, or check with your travel agent, Vivutravel, who can give you precise climate feedbacks.
01 – Beaches
The main attraction is the famous beaches in Nha Trang. However, before you finalize your Nha Trang travel packages, consult with your travel agent, Vivutravel about the tropical conditions, if you are not familiar with it. The beach can be disappointing when the weather is gray, and the waves are choppy if you do not select a proper season for your beach activities.
- Bai Dai Beach: The picturesque beach is 30 KM away from the Nha Trang city and is easily accessible from the Cam Ranh airport road. It is spotless and beautiful. The thoroughfare to the Cam Ranh airport is a very scenic and worth enough to enjoy the scenery.
- Doc Let beach: This is the more relaxing, beautiful and cleaner beach in Nha Trang. It is around 50 km north of Nha Trang. You can enjoy the local cuisine here. Local fishermen families sell and prepare seafood which they will cook for you on the beach for a very reasonable price.
- Bai Duong Beach: Bai Duong Beach is smaller than in the main tourist area. The beach is famous for its warm, crystal clean water and best-recommended picnic spot for swimming. This beautiful beach is 1.5 km north on Tran Phu Street over the main bridge.
The beautiful waterfalls:
Nha Trang has many waterfalls. Let us find out some of the great waterfalls included in the Nha Trang travel packages.
- Ba Ho waterfalls: Driving 20KM north from Nha Trang will take you to the magnificent waterfalls, Ba Ho and it lay very close to the Ba Ho village. It is a series of three waterfalls, which are quite fast flowing at some points, and the river tucked away in the forest. You can find many Taxis and motorbike guides in this area. However, it will not be difficult to find the location of the waterfalls, and you can easily negotiate to the area on a rented motorbike. If you are planning for a Nha Trang family tour, this will be an excellent location.
- Yang Bay Waterfalls: The waterfalls have undergone a lot of facelifts, and it has changed to a concrete beach from its natural look. However, one may say that the natural beach was quite good than the new concrete beach, you can still find busy beach activities here. You can swim there, and walk around in the area. Bringing your own food and drink is recommended. This waterfall is 40 km west of Nha Trang.
- Fairy Spring waterfalls: The waterfall is around 20km southwest from Nha Trang and is one of the impressive picnic spot included in the Nha Trang family tour. Fairy Spring is a small, cold stream and swimming hole much visited by the local youth on weekends. The swimming hole is at the end of a short jungle walk. It is a pleasant place to visit in summer. In winter, the water is too cold to swim. The streams originate from Hon Ba, the highest peak in Nha Trang. You will not get any general foods other than the canned drinks. Therefore, make sure to carry some snacks and drinks during your trip.
- Thap Ba Hot Springs and Mud baths: The waterfall is 40 km northwest of Nha Trang. It is famous for hot and cool swimming pools, thermal waterfall and mud bath. Food and drinks are available here. The mud bath will cost you about VND150, 000 for a shared bath. The clay bathtub can accommodate 5 to 8 people at a time, and if you are in a group, naturally you all will have to take a collective sharing mud bath. You can have more fun such as hot Jacuzzi, hot natural shower, hot waterfalls and hot or cold-water jets and much more.
Activities to Do in Nha Trang
If you are an adventurous person or moving around a group of adventurous people, it will be a pleasant experience, exploring the Nha Trang private tour programs.
Diving and snorkeling: Nha Trang offers diving and snorkeling, which is indeed one of the attractive element of the trip. The tour program can easily cover in a day trip. The city has approximately two dozen dive shops. Nha Trang offers one of the finest diving and snorkeling certification training. It is worth for the value what you are spending, and you will have all the equipment support on a rental basis for the certification training for US$ 250.
There are a lot of diving centers in Nha Trang for diving and snorkeling. Some of them are Vietnam Dive Center, Coco Dive Center, Jeremy Stein’s Rainbow Divers, Aloha Mark Scott’s Diving Vietnam, Angel Dive, Octopus Diving and Sailing Club Divers.
- Sailing:If you are opting for a Nha Trang private tours or Nha Trang family tour, you can form a group and can hire a captain. The trip will give you a fantastic sailing experience. For more information, you can contact Nha Trang Sailing Club. Your tour operator Vivutravel can help you in contacting the Nha Trang Sailing Club and make the arrangements.
- Surfing: For people who are interested in surfing, Nha Trang is the best place to do that. The Shack is the best place in Nha Trang for surfing lessons. The Shack is in Bai Dai beach about 21.6 km south of Nha Trang.
Other Places to Explore
There are many other places in Nha Trang, which can offer you thrilling experiences. The following areas you can cover in a day and are part of Nha Trang travel packages.
- National Oceanographic Museum of Vietnam: It is like an aquarium with popular and rare species of the sea. It is an interesting oceanographic museum for children, and you can watch, live ocean life, such as sea horses, sharks, coral reefs, turtles and many other sea creatures.
- Alexandre Yersin Museum: Dr. Alexandre Yersin, a Swiss scientist and bacteriologist established the museum in 1891 that was responsible for developing antiserum against bubonic plague. In this museum, you will be able to view all of his work as well as the equipment he used for his research activities. Yersin never went back to Switzerland as he spent the rest of his life in Nha Trang. Photography prohibited inside the museum.
- Long Son Pagoda: At this pagoda, you can see a 79 ft tall white Buddha. The pagoda established in 1963, to honor the spiritual leaders who become martyrs, during the protest movement opposing the government led by Ngo Dinh Diem. Do not get trapped if people approach you pretending as students studying in the temple and asking you for a donation for their school. The temple opens at 8 Am and 5 PM. Entry is free.
- Po Nagar Cham Towers: It opens daily between 7:30 AM and 5:00 PM. It is a cluster of four towers built during Cham civilization and dated back to the 7-12th century in honor of Yang Ino Po Ngar, who is the founder of the dynasty. Today, it is a famous religious center for Buddhists community in Nha Trang, and you can find people worshiping in this brick tower.
The architectural reminiscent of this temple is a showcase piece of South East Asian civilization, and it is one of the most scintillating locations included in the Nha Trang family tour, and visual treat for temple enthusiasts. The complex on the hilltop overlooks the fishing village of Nha Trang gives a panoramic view. By walking less than half an hour, you can reach on top of the hill or take motorbike ride.
- Fishing village: Between the old and the new bridge located the fishing village. The in and out movements of fishing boats are indeed a fascinating and eye catching experience.
- Vinpearl land: From the harbor, you can take the cable car over to the island where Vinpearl resort and Vinpearl Land located. The picnic spot has a small Tivoli and some restaurants, attractions here include Underwater World (aquarium) and water parks themes. There will be plenty of amusement activities such as roller coasters, bumper cars, water slides, wave pool, musical fountains, 4D cinema, etc. Another attraction is the regular laser show conducting at night 7 PM.
- Nha Trang Cathedral: The famous Cathedral is a few minutes away from the train station. It is a monumental structure demonstrating the French Catholic influence, overlooking the Nha Trang city and a famous worship center for the Vietnam Catholics.
Do you love foods?
If you are a food lover, you will like the tours in Nha Trang. Like any other large resort location, you can find plenty of food outlets meeting your budgets. The choice is always yours; you can enjoy a luxurious star restaurant food or the typical Vietnamese footpath kiosk. Nha Trang, no doubt, is famous throughout Vietnam for its seafood but also offers a broad range of Western cuisine.
There are plenty of footpath restaurants, which are moderately clean and neat meeting your expectations, serving authentic Vietnamese foods. You can have expensive banquets to economic foods, and everywhere you can find the domination of seafood items, the Vietnam delicacy!
Nha Trang offers something for everyone. Be it budget bars, luxury food outlets, there are so many things bemusing your curiosity as a traveler. Exotic and pristine beaches, verdant landscapes, friendly people, are the real attraction of this beautiful picnic spot. Unspoiled coral reefs and hot springs bathing locations are indeed a magnet for every type of visitors. There are many places to see and explore in and around Nha Trang. Select your appropriate Nha Trang travel packages from the various tour options offering by Vivutravel, to make your trip a pleasant experience forever.
Discover our stay in Nha Trang with a seaside tour in Nha Trang.
Have a nice trip!