TRIP NAME : Mekong Delta floating market
DESTINATIONS : Sai Gon- Cai Be- Can Tho- Mekong delta
DURATION: 2 days/1 night
CATEGORY: Days tour
Mekong Delta is an enormous area with many small rivers, islands and islets, but what characterises it most is the water-based lifestyle: the river is the region’s lifeblood and source of everyone’s livelihood. If Mekong Delta could speak, it would probably be able to tell tales as old as time. Venturing into the Mekong Delta region is to glimpse glimpse of what the Mekong Delta is famous for. As we cruise through the canals, rivers and backwaters of the Delta, we’ll discover how the local people lead their lives and go about their daily business.
- Visit colorful bustling local market, buying fresh fruits and communicate with friendly locals
- Learn about religious life of locals by visit Cao Dai temple and Cai Be Cathedral
- Take leisure boat trip through waterways of this “water world”
- Visit small-scale factories and learn about cottage industry in the region
- Enjoy freshly picked fruits and learn why this area is known as the ‘ricebowl of Vietnam’.
- Use local transportation including bicycle, hand-rowing boat
Day 01: Sai Gon- Cai Be- Can Tho
Day 02: Mekong delta- Sai Gon